Smoky`s Tuning-Projekt

Focus RS Forum

Hilfe Unterstützen FOCUS RS:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Jason,

no trouble , think the most can understand english :mrgreen:

Thanks for beeing here and hope you can help the customer who have some questions.

OK , i am very glad to be on this forum and will help as many people as i can

i am going to enjoy some family time tonight but before i do i will advise a little about JWR and our partners in Sweden and Germany

Firstly we have owned our Focus RS Mk2 since December 2009 and we began modifying the car straight away , we had many problems with some tuners software tunes so we became business partners with Autotech in Sweden and now count the owners as good friends and fellow RS enthusiasts :mrgreen:

Although we do not necessarily have the most powerful RS in the UK we believe it offers the best all round package, it has great power (441hp) , sensible torque (411lbft) and great drivability, probably the best of any tunes in the UK. I have also been talking to Smoky and advising him the cars on road performance. Today i tested the car from 0 - 100mph (0 - 160kmh) and achieved 10.7 secs even though the 0 - 60mph was only 6.0 secs due to the poor conditions. These i believe are very good times , 60 - 100 mph in 4.7 secs!!! Other times we achieved were 30 - 50mph in 1.7 secs and 50 - 70mph in 1.7 secs 8O

once we have better weather i am sure the times for the 0 - 60 will come down by 0.5 secs making the 0 - 100 even faster

the specification of our car is as follows:

Blueflame turbo back exhaust (de CAT)
Airtech Intercooler
ITG Cold Air Kit
JWR 650cc injectors
JWR / Autotech APC software
Sitech Inlet Plenum (soon to be changed to Mountune)
JWR hybrid turbo

you can read about all the parts on our car on our website http://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.php/6785/2106/the_jwr440_focus_rs_mk2_

we work closely with Ray at RH-Renntechnik who visits us on a regular basis so anyone wishing to consider using our software or products can either buy direct or make arrangements with ray who will advise you the procedure

please let me know if you need any questions answering

thankyou

jason :mrgreen:

OK, ich bin sehr froh, auf diesem Forum und werden so viele Menschen wie ich helfen kann

Ich werde einige Zeit mit der Familie heute Abend genießen, aber bevor ich das tue ich werde ein wenig über JWR und unseren Partnern in Schweden und Deutschland beraten

Erstens haben wir unsere Focus RS Mk2 seit Dezember 2009 im Besitz und wir begannen Modifizierung der Wagen sofort, wir hatten viele Probleme mit einigen Tunern Software Melodien so wurden wir mit Geschäftspartnern Autotech in Schweden und jetzt zählen die Eigentümer als gute Freunde und Kollegen RS-Enthusiasten : mrgreen:

Obwohl wir nicht unbedingt die stärkste RS im Vereinigten Königreich glauben wir, es bietet die besten Allround-Paket, hat es große Macht (441PS), sinnvoll Drehmoment (411lbft) und großer Fahrbarkeit, wahrscheinlich die beste aller Melodien in Großbritannien. Ich habe auch Smoky gesprochen und beraten ihn die Autos auf der Straße Leistung. Heute habe ich getestet das Auto von 0 - 100 Stundenmeilen (0 - 160kmh) und erreichte 10,7 Sekunden, obwohl die 0 - 60 Stundenmeilen war nur 6,0 Sekunden wegen der schlechten Bedingungen. Diese glaube ich sind sehr gute Zeiten, von 60 bis 100 km / h in 4,7 Sekunden! Andere Zeiten, die wir erreicht wurden 30 - 50 Stundenmeilen in 1,7 Sekunden und 50 - 70 Stundenmeilen in 1,7 Sekunden 8O

einmal haben wir besseres Wetter Ich bin sicher, die Zeiten für die 0 bis 60 kommen nach 0,5 Sekunden macht die von 0 bis 100 noch schneller

der Spezifikation unseres Autos ist wie folgt:

Blueflame Turbo Auspuffanlage (de CAT)
Airtech Intercooler
ITG Cold Air Kit
JWR 650cc Einspritzdüsen
JWR / Autotech APC-Software
Sitech Inlet Plenum (bald zu Mountune geändert werden)
JWR Hybrid Turbo

Sie können über alle Teile auf unser Auto auf unserer Website http://jw-racing.co.uk/product.php...ntworten müssen Dankeschön Jason :mrgreen:

Before I go to have a close encounter with my Pilow, I send you greetings from Switzerland! :winken:
Jason its great to have you here and I looking forward to read some great stuff within the next Days and Weeks about your Tuning!

Oh and...thx for the google Translations, it's funny to read :DX:

cheers

Hi Jason,

welcome to the community. I think it´s good to have you available to answer special questions.

I have one of those. :mrgreen:

Do you have any experience using E85 fuel? It´s not very famous in germany but I know the results for turbo charged engines are pretty good.

It is interessting for me if I have to change injectors all the time or is it possible to use the regular injectors for a 350bhp (~355 DIN-PS) setup?

Thanks michi

michi schrieb:
Hi Jason,

welcome to the community. I think it´s good to have you available to answer special questions.

I have one of those. :mrgreen:

Do you have any experience using E85 fuel? It´s not very famous in germany but I know the results for turbo charged engines are pretty good.

It is interessting for me if I have to change injectors all the time or is it possible to use the regular injectors for a 350bhp (~355 DIN-PS) setup?

Thanks michi

Hello,

i personally do not have experience with the use of E85 as it is also not very popular in the UK just yet

but in Sweden they use it a lot and therefore we can have maps for E85 if it is required

i would suggest that the UK and German market is similar and therefore we also have similar quality regular fuel. As long as you use 97 ron or 99 wherever possible you will always be OK with our tunes

in respect to your specific question if you are looking to achieve about 350hp you will not need to change the fuel injectors

i will trey to explain the power gains as best i can , many english customers are still confused but i dont want asny one on this forum to believe we claim power figures that are not true

when we first made our kits and completed all the testing on our car , we were on a very early Ford calibration. This calibration did not make 305ps as Ford claimed , we made about 285ps (280hp). When we designed all our kits they were made so that the power gain we made over 280hp was the figure for the kit , so JWR60 made 60hp over 280 and therefore was called JWR60

for all reference this is the approximate power gains you can expect from our kits:

JWR60 = 340hp

JWR80 = 360hp

JWR100 = 380hp

JWR120 = 400hp

JWR140 = 420hp

we have not officially released a JWR160 kit just yet but in effect this will the JWR140 plus the inlet and this gives about 430 - 440hp

i hope this makes sense

thankyou

So for my planed stage JWR120 its possible to make a JWR140 stage with only used the inlet and not a bigger turbo ? :) ;)

Jason i know you will test the Mountune inlet next weeks, please let us know some power results then. Would be nice to see if its brings the same power figures as the Sitech inlet :thumbs-up_new:

Smoky schrieb:
So for my planed stage JWR120 its possible to make a JWR140 stage with only used the inlet and not a bigger turbo ? :) ;)

potentially yes :mrgreen:

we have sold this package to a few people now but have yet to see what power figures people get

ideally we want someone who is seeing very close to or for sure 400hp with the 120 kit and then have them retest with the manifold , we dont 'officially' class the manifold as part of our kits as yet because we are still testing

my car makes 441hp on the dyno with the manifold on but on the road i definitely can feel the car hold back at about 6500 - 7000rpm and this was not there until i fitted the Sitech manifold , i think for it to be perfect we need to map for the manifold

i would be interested to see if any one sees a similar problem on a 120 equipped car , it may only be the fact my car uses more air because of the turbo

i have to fix these things before i am 100% happy to count them as definite parts of the kit

i will see if the Mountune makes the same power and has the same hi revs problem in a few days time

thankyou

JWR schrieb:
my car makes 441hp on the dyno with the manifold on but on the road i definitely can feel the car hold back at about 6500 - 7000rpm and this was not there until i fitted the Sitech manifold , i think for it to be perfect we need to map for the manifold

i would be interested to see if any one sees a similar problem on a 120 equipped car , it may only be the fact my car uses more air because of the turbo

i will see if the Mountune makes the same power and has the same hi revs problem in a few days time

thankyou

Thats interessting. I have never herad of a problem like this with the Sitech inlet. I just wait for my ordered Mountune inlet. So if you have the same problem with the Mountune, i will have a look for it when i test the JWR120.

yes , i think it may be a problem with the manifold when it is used with the uprated turbo

i have fitted manifolds to JWR120 cars before and test drove them upto 7000rpm without any problem

on my car it holds back a little after 6500rpm

even so i got the 0 - 100mph today down to 10.5 secs (Racelogic PB) , i also got a 5.2 0-60mph but ran out of road before i could get to 100 which was a real shame as i think this would have been under 10.5 secs

as more people test the kits we will get more information

thankyou

Jason what happens.
Have you drive the Contis down to slicks :lol:
Great times :thumbs-up_new:

i dont know , i just decided to try a different piece of road and the times got better!!

maybe the road i was using just did not grip so well

im really upset i didnt hit 100mph on the 5.2 run

when i got 10.5 to 100 i was 5.5secs to 60mph so i think i may have hit as low as 10.2 secs

i never claim anything that isnt fact though so for now i have 10.5 secs , this i will use in the magazine feature and also my new adverts for the UK magazines :mrgreen:

So Düsen und ECU sind back.
Dat ging ja fix :thumbs-up_new:

Zum Einbau komm ich aber erst am Freitag.

Nächste Woche gibts also erste Berichte und Eindrücke.
Gefahren wird dann mit der kompl. JWR120 Stage inkl. Hardware.

Verzichtet wird aber noch auf die Mountune Brücke , a) weil noch nicht da und b) um den Unterschied zu testen.

Ich kann nix versprechen, aber wenns klappt gibts heute abend schon den ersten kleinen Fahrbericht :)

Leider ist das Wetter unter aller Sau :thumbs-down_new: , mal abwarten.

Neueste Beiträge

Oben