RS500 SC software version

Focus RS Forum

Hilfe Unterstützen FOCUS RS:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johann

Punkte Reaktionen
Sorry but I type this in English because my German writing becomes a sort of Latin the more I write.. :roll:

I have been trying to get a new software version loaded to the RS500 already earlier this year to try and get a part load throttle-boost issue resolved.
It has been brought to my attention back then and also more recent that the SC version is available to solve the issue.

Problem is, so far dealer keeps telling me that SB is the latest and greatest version around.
Connecting the laptop to the car confirms this statement.

Anyone know more about the SC software version and how to obtain?

Johann,

Paul Wengler in Luxemburg and Unicars in Belgium can do that. Both are Mountune dealer.
Perhaps Ford Venray in the Netherlands, but not sure about that.

Hi!
Where did you come from?
Ford brands in Cologne Frechen should be well within the range
They should be playing on my last week.
How fast is your RS500?

Sorry for google translation :)

Johoo_NL schrieb:
Johann,

Paul Wengler in Luxemburg and Unicars in Belgium can do that. Both are Mountune dealer.
Perhaps Ford Venray in the Netherlands, but not sure about that.

All nice and dandy but the fact remains that I bought a car through the official Ford dealer network and as a customer I might expect from Ford that they can offer a solution for an issue for which apparently a fix has been available for considerable time already.

Car is at the dealer today for it's first scheduled maintenance plus if all goes as planned someone from Ford HQ will take a look at some of the wrap issues and also at the Red seat for which warranty has been claimed some 6 months ago. To date I didn't receive an answer from Ford.

Bit of a split situation here. From one side I don't want special treatment for this car. It should be handled as any other car from a warranty and maintenance point of view. Problem is that it is Ford themselves who made such a big deal out of it with the special ordering requirements. From that point of view I would say Ford has to give the RS500 customer a special treatment and even more important a lot better support but it looks like they pulled their hands from the RS500. Looking at dealer level it appears that the knowledge of these cars simply doesn't exist.

We will see what happens today but I don't expect anything from it.

MasterMike, Please post in the German language. I can read German but the writing is a bit of an issue for me with all the Ä's and Ö's and such... :nixweiss:

Verzeihen Sie mir bitte.

I agree Johan. But a RS in the Netherlands is a "diffcult" car for a lot of dutch Ford dealers. Only a few has that special RS "feeling". Therefore i mentioned Ford Venray.

Curious what Ford NL do with the wrap. I think you know a lot of Uk guys have issues with it also.
I told you 8 months ago...for me was this a reason not to buy a RS500 when i spoke to a Ford dealer. BTW that car is still for sale.

What is wrong with the read seats? Wear on the bolsters?

Johoo_NL schrieb:
I agree Johan. But a RS in the Netherlands is a "diffcult" car for a lot of dutch Ford dealers. Only a few has that special RS "feeling". Therefore i mentioned Ford Venray.

Picked the car up this afternoon and like expected no news about the software update.

Curious what Ford NL do with the wrap. I think you know a lot of Uk guys have issues with it also.
I told you 8 months ago...for me was this a reason not to buy a RS500 when i spoke to a Ford dealer. BTW that car is still for sale.

From what I have been told the spots where the wrap has gone bad can be repaired under warranty but the followup is a bit unclear. Needs to go to a 3M represent. Car will be gone for considerable time. Still need to make an appointment.

What is wrong with the read seats? Wear on the bolsters?

Extreme wear yes. Like the seat is 5 to 10 years old. Will be covered under warranty. New upholstery has been ordered.

Neueste Beiträge

Oben