Iat temp sensor! Keep an eye on it.

Focus RS Forum

Hilfe Unterstützen FOCUS RS:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamdan

Punkte Reaktionen
Hey guys.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up!
As some of you might know the iat sensor on the IC can get contaminated with oil and then show some really strange intake temps and this is not good ofcause.

I have the Scangauge installed in my car so I can keep an eye on this sensor and for the last few days Ive seen that the iat was a bit high compared to what it normaly is.
And then yesterday then I started the car I had 38 degrees on it even if it just was 5 degrees outside!

So went home and pulled out the sensor and gave it a cleaning with the CRC Maf cleaner and let it dry then installed it again.
And perfect readings again! :bananadancer2:

So I might be a good idea for you guys to get a unit like the Scangauge to monitor this! Cheap way to make sure the car is ok..

Mine is showing AFR, IAT, FPR and revs

Most here prefer the dash daq xl, you can read almost everything with that unit :)

Shadd schrieb:
Most here prefer the dash daq xl, you can read almost everything with that unit :)

Yeah any of them will do the job ok :)

My point was just to get one that can show the Iat reading :)

Hehe. I think its always important to read some values if your car is modified. not only the iat but also afr for example. The rs is keen to run lean if the fuel pressure drops and without such an unit you are going to damage your engine..

So... Car modding only with a sensor read unit :)

Thank you for that advice.

The IAT (Intake Air Temperature) is an important engine management parameter. At 60°C it will reduce the power output. Our OEM intercooler let the IAT rise up to 50°C which is much too high.

Therefore we recommend replacing it. And even more bad it a dirty sensor due to the oil from the recirculation valve.

da meiner mal wieder ärger macht ...
brauch ich mal eure hilfe :ugly:

woher kommt eigendlich dieses ganze öl im ansaugbereich ?
welches sich dann auf den IAT niederlegt ?!?

Da wir ein geschlossenes Blo off haben denk mal vom ablassen des überschüssigen Ladedrucks in den Ansaugbereich......

Bad-Focus schrieb:
da meiner mal wieder ärger macht ...
brauch ich mal eure hilfe :ugly:

woher kommt eigendlich dieses ganze öl im ansaugbereich ?
welches sich dann auf den IAT niederlegt ?!?

das öl wird von den gasen aus der KGE mitgeführt welche wieder in den ansaugtrackt geleitet werden. wenn du diese "zuleitung" in nen externen behälter führst sollte da ruhe sein.

Die Entlüftung aber nicht druckdicht verschließen! Idealerweise hast du immer leichten Unterdruck im Kurbelwellengehäuse.

Neueste Beiträge

Oben