Non German speakers look here! (English Forum)

Focus RS Forum

Hilfe Unterstützen FOCUS RS:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might find these links helpful:
http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t43511.html
http://berlin.angloinfo.com/countries/germany/motoregister.asp

The Mountune mod can be done here but with loss of the Ford Warranty. A few owners have gone for it but there are many tuners that offer various different packages for less money. Some mods can be TÜV certified or come with an EG Certificate and most Software options come with a handflasher so you can switch between standard and tuned ECU. ;) Most things can be TÜVed and technically legalised by having an individual TÜV test done but there are (unfortunately) limits which don't exist in other countries, the UK being a very specific example.

I won't list all the possibilities here as the list is long but when you finally realise your wish and have an RS then you can ask as many questions as you like before you decide which way you want to go. I can recommend a few things in particular but tuning is always an individual decision as to what results you want and how much you're prepared to invest.

How about you come along to our meeting at the Nürburgring on the 3rd/4th September to get to know a few of our members? Failing that, if you take a look in the "Termine und Treffen" area you will see that there is always something going on somewhere. There is also a meeting at RH Renntechnik in Viersen in the middle of October and we are having a big meet in conjuction with a local Rally here in the Gütersloh area.

Right, I'm off to work. :(

Cheers for now, Mark.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info -all very useful particularly the links. I didn't realise that importing a car with less than 6k km on would make it liable for duty, that could have been an expensive mistake!!

Thanks also for the invite to the ring in September. Sounds interesting so i might pop down, its less than an hour from me here. I'll drop you a line nearer the time. I doubt i'll have the car by then, i am in no rush to buy so am waiting for the perfect one to come on sale!

Thanks again for the info very helpful. Out of interest is yours tuned, if so what have you done to it?

Cheers for now, Sam

Hi Sam.

Glad to have been able to help. It would be great if you could make it to the NBR in September and if you've never actually sat in an RS or been around the Nürburgring then I'd be happy to take you as a passenger for a very amateur lap. :D

So far I haven't managed to modify as much as I'd like to, mainly due to lack of time as I'm a long distance trucker, but will be getting some more work done in September.

Up to date I have a 3" Milltek Downpipe, Forge Dumpvalve, lowering springs, different wheels with a wider track and a GGR rear engine mount fitted. In conjuction with a larger Intercooler this will be my basis for an ECU upgrade using the JWR/ Autotech software to achieve around 360+ PS safely. Future plans are for larger Injectors, different exhaust system including a metal 200cell Catalytic Converter, modified air intake and a higher stage Software for around 380+PS. This is my personal balance between better performance all round for the track but keeping the car good for everyday usage and as road legal as possible. :mrgreen:

To get an idea of the cost of parts then here's a link to Ray's online shop: http://www.rh-renntechnik.de

It'S in German but if you click on the Focus RS2 section then there are some pretty pictures to give you an idea of what the parts actually are. ;)

Happy hunting!!

oh............we have an english speaking thread in here :eek:
Havent see it so far...............shame on me. :ups:

Hi Mark sorry for the slow response i have been crazy busy at work recently. Thanks very much for the offer of a passenger lap at the ring. I am hoping very much to make it, all depends on work at the moment. I might also be accompanied by my two boys (5 & 3) in which case i'll be spectating but should be good anyway.

Hopefully i'll see you down there. What colour / reg RS should i look out for? I guess maybe PM details rather than post??????

Cheers,

Sam

Hi Sam.

We'll be arriving at the NBR at between 1.30 and 2pm tomorrow (Saturday) and leaving again Sunday afternoon sometime. Our meeting point is "Brünnchen" which is one of the better spectator areas. I don't know if you know the area at all so will send you my mobile number per PM and, if need be, will be able to guide you there as you get close. As a quick reference, you can take the A61 to exit (33) Wehr then follow the B412 until you get to the small village of Eschbach on your left. There you will see a turn into a gate on the right which takes you into the parking area. My RS is blue with black wheels and the Reg. begins with GT-.

There will be a few of us there on Saturday and Sunday and we really hope you can make it down. It might be an idea to bring something to sit on and perhaps refreshments although there is an Imbiss within the area which sells Coffee, Cola, Chips, Bratwurst ect. Also hoping you might need suntan lotion!! :mrgreen:

Neueste Beiträge

Oben