Non German speakers look here! (English Forum)

Focus RS Forum

Hilfe Unterstützen FOCUS RS:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

britbrat

Punkte Reaktionen
I think it's time to try to get the English speaking community together. If anyone has any questions regarding anything in the Forum, about your RS/ST or any information you'd like to share then feel free to put it in here.

Maybe we could use the thread to teach you better English?? :D I was hoping that Jason and friends might turn up here. :nixweiss:

Hmm. I understand only Railway Station! :lol:

@Frosty: Your English is under all pig but that goes me on ass past because with me is not good cherry eating! :lachtot:

Tja, dann ab ins Offtopic mit dem Thread. :pfeif:

britbrat schrieb:
Hmm. I understand only Railway Station! :lol:

@Frosty: Your English is under all pig but that goes me on ass past because with me is not good cherry eating! :lachtot:

Tja, dann ab ins Offtopic mit dem Thread. :pfeif:

Mein Englisch ist unter allen Schweinen? :confusednew: :lol: I hate cherrys..so you can eat them alone...sorry for my bad english mr :selbstmord: teach me :icon_andiearbeit: and i teach you how to driving RS and drinking 5l weizenbeer :prost:

Oh no!! I'd forgotten about the beer sausage!! Thx Mike. :lol:

@frosty. It's called wheat beer. ;) See? You're learning already!

............and "come through the door" is a really nice and very English way of saying "Kick the bastard door in." Note: 1+

@britbrat wheat beer :idee: aaahhh :thumbs-up_new:

i mean it really nice....the drunken guy is determined only stumbled...that can happen sometimes :lol:

English for "fortgeschrittene". If you can understand this joke then I take my hat off to your English knowledge:

Ford and Renault have merged to produce a new car to beat the credit crunch, based on the Clio and the Taurus it will be known as the "Clitaurus", it will only come in pink, needs a lot of coaxing to get the revs up and will have an optional furry dash. :lachtot:

Hi, Brit livin in Germany here and planning to buy an RS in the next few months in UK to bring over to Germany. I will need TuV it (i am no longer BFG), so grateful for any advice on changes i will need to make. I assume new headlights/ fog light cover but is there anything else? I thought are saw somewhere that there are differences in the exhaust on the UK / Euro car but it might have been an aftermarket exhaust.

Thanks for any advice and great idea putting an English part on this forum :D I've got loads of other questions about tuning etc in Germany but i'll come back to those later... cheers

Welcome! At last my thread gets some real use!!

I think you've listed the only things that will need to be physically changed. Does the UK RS have km/h on the speedo? If not I think that may have to be changed too. The exhaust system is the same on all RS's and isn't country specific so that wouldn't be a problem if it's original. You will have to be careful if you buy a car with changed out parts. There are a lot of aftermarket bits available in the UK that don't have TÜV certification (unfortunately!) and wouldn't pass the test. A completely original RS would make the whole process easier.

I know that cars are a fair bit cheaper in the UK but it would certainly be much easier to buy a German registered RS and may be the cheaper option in the long run. Have you looked to see if you'd have to pay an Import Duty?? I know some guys that left the forces here and put their BFG (UK) registered cars on the German system, it's definitely possible but there is quite a lot of beaurocratic crap involved in the process if the car never had German paperwork previously.

Are you anywhere near Gütersloh??

Hi Britbrat,

Thanks for the info. The UK cars do have km/h on the speedos so that should be okay. I have considered getting a LHD but as i am only here on contract for a few years i want some thing i can take back with me.

I am based in Bonn now. Was at Monchengladbach until last year.

Thanks also for the advice om modifications. I had heard that. My plan is to buy a standard spec but then to look into mods with a TuV certificate. I take it there are some available? I read on the UK RSOC forum that lots of people go for the Mountune 350 mod, do you know if that is possible in Germany or what people tend to do here?

I can't say again how useful this thread is as my German isn't very good!!
Cheers,
Sam

Neueste Beiträge

Oben