Focus Cosworth

Focus RS Forum

Hilfe Unterstützen FOCUS RS:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long time since any updates.

Before

And after

???????

Alternator heat shield mounting lugs damaged and a crack through the middle, so done the worst quick carbon skinning job I've ever done lol But not visible and is strong, it'll do. 

Nurburgring trip was successful, but had to change a bearing on the front and the rear diff bearings finally started to whine after 30 years. I should have changed them when doing the Weir Performance MaxGrip upgrade 6 years ago, but I was being cheap and they were ok-ish then. Ah well :lol:

Stopped off in Brugge for the last night away, knocking back some serious beer and chocolate :lol:

Slight issue came up the last time the wheel bearings gave up the ghost at the Nurburgring. Excessive movement meant the calipers touched the inside of the wheels. With the wheel bearings sorted, I've shaved the calipers a touch so it won't happen the next time bearings fail. Just need to get a bit of paint on them and have the inside of the wheels re-coated now.

]Got some nice new helper springs off Santa this year lol So thought it would be rude not to refurb the coilovers, fit new bushes and stickers the same time. Also fitted some smaller number plates and black indicator lenses, since they now work through the ST170 headlights.

???????

Few more jobs completed while it sits doing nothing for the rest of the year most likely :(   Brake lines needed renewing a bit, so rear lines have new fittings and went for full new kit on the front. 

???????

Stretching her legs :)

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLOO3QeO9XI

Not many updates recently, weather been hit and miss so limited opportunities to play. But booked in for the roof and a couple of other areas to be painted by Robbo in a week or so. Otherwise, sorted out some flaking issues on the rear spoiler. 1 good summer's day to paint in the garden, turned out mint after a flat and polish. 

???????

Some extensive damage was caused to my AP Racing rotor during the annual trip to the Nurburgring in 2018, when the wheel bearing collapsed causing the hub to slant and the brake pad retaining lug in the caliper scored the inner side of the rotor. 

So it's sat rusting in the spares bin, until I decided to make a clock out of it. Nice momento to display on the wall to remind of "fun" times lol

Thanks Dave (Monster) for knocking up an epic 3D center piece. 

A nice piece of work, like your car.

Some previous repairs years ago showing a few imperfections. So had the quarter sorted, including a couple of stone chip scabs on the roof. Hard work now starts with a full paint detail to match it all and bring it back to life.

Blew the cobwebs off, but there may be an impromptu Nurburgring trip in November all being well :)

CD3DABC3_DB18_495C_A0F7_D7E8B48F4695.jpeg

2B14A691_6079_4AD8_85F8_4C657357596C.jpeg

1C2D0EB3_7A83_49A9_BE55_29BF31DF1ADC.jpeg

ABD757E5_382B_4F2D_B859_1437231C59CC.jpeg

FF120EEE_D516_4BBE_A31D_60108E28BEC6.jpeg

​​​​​​​

Some minor upgrades in the interior, mainly to cover some marked flocking. But a nice tribute to some contributing tuners. First winter no mechanical upgrades needed....touch wood!

Birthday today, still in lockdown, found out we're in Tier 3, Christmas/New Year and my mam's 60th birthday on Dec. 31st is cancelled due to lockdown issues and my crap NHS shift rotations .

So, cheered myself up by spending some time fitting this mount :lol: Car is now fully rose jointed or solid mounted. Not a soft bush in sight! :)

Hmm....should have cleaned it more frequently! lol At least she can breath now...

Before....

After...

Small job planned to replace the rank looking return fuel line for a matching braided AN hose.

But I managed to strip the thread on the tank! :(

So had to take the tank out and weld in a new fitting. Quick job turned out to a couple of days.

All sorted now.

New fitting in (smaller one)

What a fun time at Oulton Park...it's been a while! It was a nightmare in the morning, a complete wash out and it kept spinning and lacking traction. Still definitely a summer car! By the afternoon it was dry and managed a good few laps.

But by 4pm the turbo decided it didn't like holding in oil anymore and started smoking on overrun LOL. But it continued to hold boost and I kicked it's head in anyway, plus it got me home without issues too. So off with the turbo that night and sent to Vince at Turbo Performance for a rebuild. I call that a win ha! All in all a fun day.

Fly by video and the smoking turbo...

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ee162/Cochyn_RS/FullSizeRender.mov
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ee162/Cochyn_RS/IMG_2616.MP4
F124BBFB-73AB-4D0A-9FB9-B0D5A31CCCB1.jpeg

F819F7E5-A217-45F5-9E66-5B4D2535BF89.jpeg

3EF95A6A-2AD4-4A01-BBDF-E251D4AA76A0.jpeg

370AF785-0300-4FDF-956E-722E8B0FE539.jpeg

36868941-07B5-44DB-BC30-DB3B05F839C5.jpeg

Neueste Beiträge

Oben