The Greatest Driving Road EVER........FACT !! 2010 !!

Focus RS Forum

Hilfe Unterstützen FOCUS RS:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STMarra

Punkte Reaktionen
Hi Guys and Girls of the RS Forum :D ,

As you are aware i'm a memeber of the British ST Site, based here in Germany.
This year we are hosting a Road Trip of a lifetime !! All in aid of Charity !!
We are going to the Stelvio Pass (the GREATEST driving Road of ALL TIME ...FACT)
I am inviting ANY member of this site to join our ST Convoy and help raise some money for a good cause.
All the information you need at at this link :

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/August-2010-Road-Trip-ring-Bavaria-t57959.html

Balitattoo is also a member of our site and i hope he will help me co-organise with anyone from this site that wishes to join us.

Please take 5 minutes to read the link above and have a think about it ;) This will be EPIC !!

I hope to see you all soon in 2010
David :bravo:

Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

:nixweiss:

Do i have this correct, that 2 people now cannot access this link :confused2:

I have checked all servers and the link is working fine :confused2:

I have been through this link 5-8 times now to check it and it works :nixweiss:

Same problem here.

Link: http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/August-2010-Road-Trip-ring-Bavaria-t57959.html
Error msg: Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

STMarra, have you already tried to clean your cache and privatedata of your browser? :confused2:

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/August-2010-Road-Trip-ring-Bavaria-t57959.html

Try this link folks :nixweiss:

If it does'nt work i think it will be because you are not members of the Site, This is the only it would not work. If this is the case i will post ALL info's on here :D

Cheers for your help

:prost:

So STMarra, go on and post all infos here ;)

The new link doesnt work too. As you said it's because we are not registered in your forum, but iam now a member and it works :bigtongue:

Hi all................heres the full thread for you...

I know its almost a year away but if the plan is started now then it could materialize!! Is anyone up for doing about 5 days away? (7 days if you are travelling from the UK) We can meet up around JHQ/Elmpt (Germany/Holland border.), I can arrange accommodation, head from there to the Nurburgring and spend the night at any of the hotels/B&B's, then down and spend a night around German Bavaria from Bavaria through Switzerland and hit Italy via the Stevlio pass. Returning via a slightly different route to pick up some different roads and finishing off with a day at the Nurburgring. I'm sure it wont be cheap and that will just be the fuel, but I'm pretty sure it will be a once in a lifetime trip.

I know things arent specific but I'd like to know if there is any interest, I'm definately going to be doing it as I've got way to much time off work in August. This is not just open to BFG members its open to everyone and I'll be able to sort accommodation for the night of meeting up and the final night before heading home (where ever it may be!!). It will be an awesome trip down some very memorable roads and would love the company of some SToc members with me.

There's atleast another 2 people willing to make the trip at the moment, obviously there is a lot of things that can change before next year. If you think you could make the trip just let me know so I can start planning specific routes and B&B's.

Hopefully see some of you for this trip.

UPDATED

I've been looking into how I can help with the charity "Help for Heroes" something that is very close to most squaddies hearts and the current figures for serving personnel of the HM FORCES that have died within Afghanistan is now sat at 234.

My plan to assist the charity by sticking as closely to the above mentioned route as possible but to cover 5 miles for every soldier, sailor or airman that has died in Afghanistan, this figure I'm sure will increase before August next year. I dont want to take any fun away from anyone who is willing to take this trip with me but the more people we get involved the possibility of getting more coverage and with this the possibility of sponsorship from various companies.

There will be NO change for those interested in making the trip other than possible having some sponsorship stickers put on their cars which the cost will be covered by the company sponsoring the event. (Possibly room to put some business one of our site sponsors way) I will also be trying to get a few "car mad" celebrities involved to help push the event and possibly take part, there are several that have assisted Help for Heroes in the past and again I will be only looking at playing on their celebrity status to gain further interest.

The route itself will be from my camp, Elmpt Station via The Nurburgring and onto the Stelvio National Park in Italy returning the same route, without taking into consideration any laps of the 'ring the trip itself is going to be coming in at 572 miles each way. God forbid there are more deaths in Afghanistan but that will dictate the exact route and possibly the amount of laps of the 'ring we complete to return back to Elmpt Station as close to the figure as possible.

I'm going to be looking at getting it publicised as much as possible after gaining permission from my official chain and Help for Heroes. So please bear with me whilst I get the planning process started. Anyone and everyone will be welcome to make the trip which is looking likely to take place either in the 3rd/4th week August, once I have confirmation of dates I can do it I will post on here.

UPDATE 4/1/2010

Just a quick update so everyone is aware of the state of play.

This trip is planned for the back end of August 2010 in aid of "Help for Heroes". It will start with everyone meeting at Elmpt Station, Holland/German border, the day before we set off to fit all sponsors Decals to the vehicles and to get some good publicity shots to pass back to them.

Accommodation will be provided free of charge to all participants within the camp for this night.

The 1st main day will see us be started on the trip hopefully by a celebrity, purely to draw in more sponsorship and publicity, and we will make our way to Nurburg and the Nurburgring for the remainder of the day you will be able to enjoy, at your cost, all the joys of the Nurburg area. The track, the museum and the rollercoaster, if finished.

Accommodation will be in B&B's/Hotels/Camping, at your cost.

The 2nd day will see us travel from Nurburg into Germany's Bavaria and some fantastic driving roads.

Accommodation: I will try to arrange accommodation within the American Forces facilities at Garmisch, failing this I will attempt to gain accommodation at a low rate within one of the adventure training lodges around the Obersdorf area. If all else comes to fail we will have to pay the going rate for a B&B or Hotel in or around this area.

The 3rd day will see us travel from Germany's Bavaria across Austria and into Italy and specifically the Stevlio National Park, which just so happens to have one of the best driving roads in the world running through it. The Stevlio Pass has been featured in almost every motoring show in the past decade and has fantastic scenery as well as an amazing driving road. Almost all Euro driving Rallies take in this stretch of road.

Accommodation: Will be at the same location as the 2nd day, this unfortunately will mean atleast a 2nd drive up/down the Stevlio Pass....Sorry!!

The 4th day will see us travel back to the Nurburgring to complete the mileage required to complete the task before returning to Elmpt Station on the Holland/German border and to party the night away on extremely cheap drinks!!

Accommodation: Will again be free for all those remaining within the camp for the night.

The 5th day will be to say goodbye to some new found friends and return home from whence we came!!

I hope this sounds like a good trip for everyone, depending on how early we arrive in Bavaria will depend on what else we can do whilst there, just off the top of my head there is a self controlled tobogan ride which comes off the side of a mountain, if you are accompanied by the wife/girlfriend then the castle which appears in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is located close by and has been found on many a girls bedroom wall as a fairy tale castle. There are a number of Thermal Baths to pamper yourselves in and of course there a numerous Pubs/Cafe's to have a drink or something to eat.

All that is asked is that you gain as much sponsorship from friends and family as possible before arriving for the trip and to allow decals to be placed upon your cars for publicity of the corporate sponsorship I'm endeavouring to get over the next few months.

600 x 398 (81.31K)
Reduced 22%

375 x 281 (21.69K)
Reduced 27%

400 x 300 (68.09K)

Reduced 45%

260 x 400 (54.28K)

This is a very nice tour which you have planned there! :thumbs-up_new: Unfortunately I'm on holiday at the time :|

hallo zusammen,

zum glück kann ich englisch.........NICHT....... :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

gruss

Geh mal zu Otto, bei dem kannste was lernen ;)

English for insiders: Englisch für Reingefallene :lachtot: :lachtot:

I might be interested, tho I need a clear statement when and where it'll begin and end to be able to plan my own stuff.

@STMarra: where in germany r u posted? :confused2: what branch of forces?
sounds like a pretty good plan! :cooler: i gonna talk 2 my wife but i´ll let u know if we join u!

Oben